Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

M13 In Hd500 Effects Loop Or Hd500 In Hd500 Effects Loop?

wsgarner

I want MEGA more DSP! I'm thinking of getting an M13 to use with my HD500, but maybe another HD500 would give me more options?? I currently use 2 delays in my effects loop post amp (so everything will be stereo-yes I run stereo patches exclusively!), but I've read that the reverbs in the M13 are all mono which would negate all my stereo stuff before the reverbs (I want to use the the M13 for ALL post amp effects).

You ask "why not use the effects in the hd500 for post amp and M13 pre amp?" Answer: cause the tap tempo switch is TOO close to the volume pedal and I wind up turning myself all the way down when I have to tap tempo! (Line6- design a replacement pedal with a cut-out around the tap switch)

Hope all that made since.

I run the M13 in the FX loop of the HD500 and it works great!  Have never had a DSP issue.  I also use an external midi clock and tap tempo to avoid any problems.  I managed to cram it all into a customer two layer pedalboard.  It weighs a ton but sounds killer!

Thanks mgonet. Can you answer the question about the reverbs in the M13 all being mono? I run stereo patches exclusively and put the reverb last in my chain. If all reverbs in the M13 (M13 will be used for all effects after the amp -stereo only) are mono, that will kill my stereo output where as an HD500 handles the stereo out with reverb last in the chain with no problems.

Tap button and pedal too close is not the only reason I need more dsp and effects.

My current chain is: noise gate - wah - screamer - distortion - chorus - amp - dig delay on left side (20ms feedback 0 for great stereo separation) - FXloop stereo out/in (2 delays running stereo each dd7's) - reverb. I'm out of dsp and effect slots at that point, but I'd like the option to have multiple delays "at the ready" with the M13 plus some EQ and/or lead boost and reverbs. I'd like to move everything that you would run after the amp to the M13. This would give me more before the amp and a gob of stuff after.

The tap button to close to the volume pedal is just a design flaw of the HD500. I guess the designers all had small feet! LOL