Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Help with a few things on the PodHD500

random10101010

Hey guys, Recently got a second hand PodHD500 so I can use it live, rather than buying lots of pedals and I just had a few questions.

First one, I noticed that you can only have 8 effects per patch, is there any way around this?

I usually have 2 "On" pedals, maybe 3. They are a compressor, distortion and maybe a volume pedal

Therefore I usually have a compressor, 2 distortions, vibrato, wah, u vibe, clean boost, octave and filter

So I was wondering how I can stick all these pedals in one patch

I was also wondering how you can switch between the wah pedal on exp 1 and then change to a volume on EXP2. which is a similar question to above.

Secondly, I have a really good amp (Rivera for those who are interested) and I'm not sure whether to use an amp model with my amp. I usually have a dirty sound but sometimes change to clean on my amp and I don't know whether to do this on my actual amp or create an amp sound on the pod.

Finally, I need advice on a compressor I should use. I have a really harsh attack when I play, so I want to add a compressor to my effects and I want to to bring down the attack when picking and when funk picking. I would just like some advice on what model and some general settings to have for this.

Also, a decent clean boost that is on the Pod.

Thanks

4 hours ago, random10101010 said:

First one, I noticed that you can only have 8 effects per patch, is there any way around this?

I usually have 2 "On" pedals, maybe 3. They are a compressor, distortion and maybe a volume pedal

Therefore I usually have a compressor, 2 distortions, vibrato, wah, u vibe, clean boost, octave and filter

So I was wondering how I can stick all these pedals in one patch

8 effects. 2 amps. And a DSP limit, which may lessen the 8 effects and 2 amps.    

the only way around it is to buy a different unit (or use the fx loop with external pedals)

I was also wondering how you can switch between the wah pedal on exp 1 and then change to a volume on EXP2. which is a similar question to above.

step on it?

I think you may need to explain yourself better. Because the answer you seek can't be as simple as "step on it". 

Secondly, I have a really good amp (Rivera for those who are interested) and I'm not sure whether to use an amp model with my amp. I usually have a dirty sound but sometimes change to clean on my amp and I don't know whether to do this on my actual amp or create an amp sound on the pod.

User choice. That's up to you if you use an amp or not, or even amp models or not. 

But, most people will tell you not to use an amp if you are using an amp model. 

Finally, I need advice on a compressor I should use. I have a really harsh attack when I play, so I want to add a compressor to my effects and I want to to bring down the attack when picking and when funk picking. I would just like some advice on what model and some general settings to have for this.

1. The first piece of advice is - adjust your attack. Which is a polite way of saying, learn how to play. 

2. That's up to you and your ears to figure out what works best for you. 

Also, a decent clean boost that is on the Pod.

That's up to you and your ears to figure out what works best for you.

• Thanks 1