taylorbeats

Stumped by usb

Well, I am stumped.  When my helix is hooked up to usb I get no sound from spotify, etc from the laptop.  HX edit works fine but if I flip over to spotify to work on a song and play along-nothing.  Rebooted PC, rebooted Helix, still no music (up to date through 2.71).  My backup Helix runs 2.7 and no problem with running spotify, switched usb cables, ports etc, nothing in 2.71.

Need to select your audio device as the Helix.

In Windows, click on the speaker in the system tray, there should be an arrow to allow you to select the device.

On Mac, sorry.  

I mean I can't help you

46 minutes ago, taylorbeats said:

Yup-did that-no change.

What exactly do you mean that you did that? Did your PC let you choose it? Or did it not let you choose it?

Just to clarify.  Assuming Windows 10, when you have the laptop hooked up to the Helix USB and the Helix is turned on, when you hover for a moment over the speaker icon on the bottom right side of the laptop screen, what's the name of the driver that pops up?

2 hours ago, DunedinDragon said:

Just to clarify.  Assuming Windows 10, when you have the laptop hooked up to the Helix USB and the Helix is turned on, when you hover for a moment over the speaker icon on the bottom right side of the laptop screen, what's the name of the driver that pops up?

Using windows 7 and the helix driver pops up but still no music from the PC unless I unplug the usb.

I'm going to try a reset today and see if it sorts itself out.  I have been bouncing back and forth between Native, the 2.7 Helix and the 2.71 Helix quite a bit over the last week and a half.  Possible something scrambled.  Will circle back later today.

Just to be clear, do you have your speakers or headphones connected to the Helix?

Recent laptop update is the issue.  Disregard any further solution.

• Like 1