Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects - Tricks to get around 4 snapshots

Jam_Sandwich

I use my expression pedal to control all delay levels (actually, it's the delay mix). Snapshots never need to control whether or not a delay is on/off or the level of the delay. You could do that for any effect of your choice to relieve the pressure a little. 

6 hours ago, codamedia said:

I use my expression pedal to control all delay levels (actually, it's the delay mix). Snapshots never need to control whether or not a delay is on/off or the level of the delay. You could do that for any effect of your choice to relieve the pressure a little. 

Thanks. 

So say I need 5 snapshots really. 

1) drive

2) drive, pitch

3) drive, boost

4) drive, phaser

5) drive, boost, delay. 

So  I could have delay on set the expression pedal to control the delay mix, and then use the 3rd one with the delay mix set to 0 with the pedal back, and then hit the pedal to turn the delay on, and then lift it up to go back to normal, and use that as my like 5th one?

That’s what you mean?

7 hours ago, Jam_Sandwich said:

Thanks. That's great. Can you set the full travel of the pedal to go to say, 50% mix? Thanks.

Hi,

Yes, exactly – for example you can select the delay mix to be controlled by the your expression pedal (EXP Pedal 1) and simply set the range from Min Value 15% Max Value 50%. Now when you press down on the EXP full range of travel is only 50% mix. Set the Mix to whatever Min and Max you like, you can also modify the amount of Feedback or Delay Time the same way. The options are many and varied. 

You may wish to read Page 33 of the Owner's Manual which explains the Controller Assign function of you HX FX unit:

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a3d3f4a5a6a1897ecdf6/application/pdf/HX Effects 2.50 Owners Manual - English .pdf

Have fun!

• Like 1