Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Please Help Me Decide, New To Pods

Hi everyone, brand new on the forum here.

I am a looking at getting one of these pods, but have never had one before. I play an ESP LTD EC-1000, mainly heavy music, but also classic rock and some jazz. Right now most of my playing and recording is done through my BossMicroBR recorder, or my little Roland Cube 60, I love the amp/speaker modeling the BR gives me, and want a good effect setup/preamp to run through my cube. A pod seems the perfect choice.

As a side note I am beginning to teach my 14yr daughter how to play guitar (gave her my Ibanez 3x-1), and have heard some pods will let me run 2 guitars through at the same time which would be great to help her (play at the same time). Otherwise I am buying another amp (a good excuse to get my Marshall lol).

I have seen many older XT Live pods for about half the price or less of a HD500. How big of a different is there?

Will the XT Live run 2 guitars? (I heard the 500 will).

Is the HD500 really a lot better for tone?

How good is the XT?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Ray

The XT is the prior generation of Line 6 modeling.  The HD has better quality modeling - more natural.  That said, the XT line has the ability to simulate more amps.

XT Live can only run 1 guitar at a time.

Tone is in the ear of the listener.  In my opinion, HD modeling is a lot better for tone.

The XT is good.  The HD is better.  I owned one before selling it to get an X3L which I later replaced with an HD500.  Never looked back :)