Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HEADPHONES

jefflancaster1

I think the headphones you have should work well with Helix. I know many users here have posted that they use and like those headphones. I suspect the issue is with the gain staging of your presets - probably not the headphones.

• Upvote 2

The Helix Floor, Helix Rack and Helix LT have plenty of power to sufficiently feed high impedance headphones. The Helix Stomp does not have as high a Headphones output signal level. Nonetheless, the 80 Ohm version of the BeyerDynamic DT770 should work fine. 

On 6/12/2019 at 9:52 AM, MusicLaw said:

The Helix Floor, Helix Rack and Helix LT have plenty of power to sufficiently feed high impedance headphones. The Helix Stomp does not have as high a Headphones output signal level. Nonetheless, the 80 Ohm version of the BeyerDynamic DT770 should work fine. 

Where did you find the specs for the headphone output? They're not in either Helix or HXS manuals.

Not specs. Rather an accumulation of knowledge from several years of Helix posts in threads here and in TGP Forums from Line 6 reps, long time users, beta testers and others. Unless some users have actually tested the level outputs and such, you're not likely to find that Line 6 has posted the tech specs. If you're on the FB group, you can also inquire from the vast knowledge base there.

On 6/12/2019 at 9:52 AM, MusicLaw said:

8 hours ago, rd2rk said:

Where did you find the specs for the headphone output? They're not in either Helix or HXS manuals.

8 hours ago, MusicLaw said:

Not specs. Rather an accumulation of knowledge from several years of Helix posts in threads here and in TGP Forums from Line 6 reps, long time users, beta testers and others. Unless some users have actually tested the level outputs and such, you're not likely to find that Line 6 has posted the tech specs. If you're on the FB group, you can also inquire from the vast knowledge base there.

Since my Stomp won't arrive till Friday, I decided to wade through the  TGP HX Stomp thread. There, in post #1975 on page 99(!) I found a reference that confirms (though not actual specs) what you said. So, for OP's edification (thanks to elantric):

quick tip - for the relatively weak Headphone Output on HX Stomp
Edit : to clarify when using 250ohm Beyer DT880 headphones

Samson QH4 - headphone amp
http://www.samsontech.com/samson/products/processors/qh4/qh4/

• Thanks 1

AND in post #2008 on page 101, from DI himself!

Justin Hitchborn said: 
Any ideas about the headphone output? Seems strange that it is being reported as too quiet.

"Yes. The headphone amp isn't as large as the one in Helix/LT/Rack because of board real estate; that's really the only thing that isn't quite identical to its bigger brothers. "

DEFINITIVE!

EDIT:  ONLY 298 pages to go!

• Thanks 1