ottovonotto

Problems with Variax Standard and Helix

I just picked up a used Variax Standard. Works great except I when I plug it into the variax (ethernet) connection on my helix. I get no power from the Helix to the Variax Standard. I also have a JTV-69 and that Powers up ok. Is it possible that my variax connector is defective? I cannot get it to show in Line 6 Monkey, but I can see it in workbench (which is odd). Anyone else ever see this? If so, what did you do?

Not connecting through VDI,... sounds like it needs servicing. Could be the connector. Log a support ticket with Line 6.

Would have to be checked out by an authorized service center who knows the product.

Are yours Input settings on "Variax" or "Guitar"

You need at least "Variax inputs on the Helix

On 6/12/2019 at 9:57 PM, ottovonotto said:

I just picked up a used Variax Standard. Works great except I when I plug it into the variax (ethernet) connection on my helix. I get no power from the Helix to the Variax Standard. I also have a JTV-69 and that Powers up ok. Is it possible that my variax connector is defective? I cannot get it to show in Line 6 Monkey, but I can see it in workbench (which is odd). Anyone else ever see this? If so, what did you do?

If Helix powers up one Variax normally but not the other, that effectively rules out the Helix or any settings thereon, as the source of the problem. Whatever the problem is, it's in the guitar. Service ticket time...

On 6/14/2019 at 1:00 PM, Punkyboy said:

Are yours Input settings on "Variax" or "Guitar"

You need at least "Variax inputs on the Helix

It works with the Input parameter turn on the "multi" entry too.

I assume his presets are OK 'cause they are working with his other Variax.....