Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Simultaneous 1/4" and XLR out?

barnabyhurdle

Hello All,

I have a Helix LT and I'd like to have two identical outputs...one to my FRFR speaker for monitoring/stage volume and one to front of house. Do I need split my signal in each patch and make separate outs or can I simply send a 1/4 cable to my monitor and an XLR to FOH without splitting the signal path?

Thanks!

No need for a split signal - just select 'Multi' as the parameter setting in your preset Output block. This will route the same signal to both the 1/4" and XLR outputs. It might also be helpful to set the Master Volume knob to control only the 1/4" output level; that way you can make adjustments to your stage monitor volume level without affecting the FOH level.

17 minutes ago, silverhead said:

No need for a split signal - just select 'Multi' as the parameter setting in your preset Output block. This will route the same signal to both the 1/4" and XLR outputs. It might also be helpful to set the Master Volume knob to control only the 1/4" output level; that way you can make adjustments to your stage monitor volume level without affecting the FOH level.

That's what I was hoping for! I assumed that was the case but didn't want to show up to a gig and be surprised. Since you've already been so helpful...can you explain how to assign the master volume to 1/4" out only?

It is always a good idea to do a thorough run through of any configurations and features you may be expecting to use -- prior to -- a gig or event! There is many useful bits of information in the Helix User Guide and Firmware Release Notes. Until Firmware Version 3.0, the Summer 2016 fw version 2.x User Guide is the best that Line 6 has published. Line 6 has publicly stated that a newly revised comprehensive Helix User Guide will be released only with full integer firmware releases. Thus, the next one is expected when firmware 3.0 arrives. That being said, there is plenty of great information also at HelixHelp.com and in the threads on TGP. If you use FB, there is a large user group there too.