Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How do I update Helix Native?

topboost

• 1 month later...

I currently have a trial version of Native.  Is it possible to update it to 1.8 so I can try the new stuff?  Thanks

Edit:  Well, I just tried updating it the normal way and it just crashes Logic.  Stink.  So now I don't have my trial anymore unless I can downgrade it.

Edited by sevenfold777
new information

10 hours ago, sevenfold777 said:

I currently have a trial version of Native.  Is it possible to update it to 1.8 so I can try the new stuff?  Thanks

Edit:  Well, I just tried updating it the normal way and it just crashes Logic.  Stink.  So now I don't have my trial anymore unless I can downgrade it.

I managed to install 1.80  into Logic Pro X 10.4.4 with no issues whatsoever.

Made a back up of everything while in Logic, then shut it down.

Downloaded the new HX Native Installer and ran it direct from the desktop of my Mac.

When the install finished, launched Logic which sniffed the new AU plug in and then Logic opened an existing project which already had an instance of Native on an audio track.

Popped open Native from the Channel Strip and v1.80 Native was there - it even remembered all my old Setlist. The IRs needed to be reloaded, but hey, no big deal.

Then I loaded the new Factory Preset - click - done!

Works a treat – so huge thanks to all the crew at Line 6 for a serious update.

Oh, yeah, also there is this from the Release Notes on Knowledge Base:

Helix Native Pricing
It's not technically a feature, but Helix Native is now $99.99 US for all registered owners of Helix Floor, Helix Rack, Helix LT, HX Effects, and HX Stomp ($300 off). 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Guitarlo said:

As a current owner of Native 1.71, is upgrade to 1.8 free? I installed it but found plug-in clash!

As noted by “TheRealZap” in the post above, once you own it the updates are free.

If you seem to have a “clash”, then it may be worth removing the old version first to avoid this happening.

It’s not something that I have encountered, but if you only have one version there can be no clash.

Hope this helps

• 3 months later...

i use bouth floor and the native,,but they not work very well together,,,can they? and i upgrade my floor now,,but i trouble a little,,,it about,,i forget everytime,,if theres a trick,,like on the floor the two left bottoms down,,,,i think its difficult for a person  with ADHD like me to do that,,but can you please tell me how to update Native to 1.82 thanks Barry