Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native crashing after update

blaker240

Running Helix native 1.0 on Reason 10.3 does fine

Updating to ANY Helix Native version above 1.01 makes whole DAW crash when opening the plugin. 

It doesn't mention anything special most of the time, but I have gotten as far as...

- "failure to load DSP" or something, and

- loading the plugin but it not having any presets/options available

This sucks.  Anyone have any ideas on what's going on?

Does it load in other DAWs? You could download a free trial of a different DAW, and see what happens when you try to open 1.71.

Also, I don't know if you're using Mac or Windows but if it's Windows, go to Add Remove Programs and check if you have Line 6 Helix Native uninstallers. Uninstall all instances, and then re-install 1.71. Also make sure that the plug-in is in the expected VST scan path. 

This thread about Reason issues and re-scanning plug-ins might also help: https://forum.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=7501379

Hope this helps...good luck. 

16 hours ago, blaker240 said:

Running Helix native 1.0 on Reason 10.3 does fine

Updating to ANY Helix Native version above 1.01 makes whole DAW crash when opening the plugin. 

It doesn't mention anything special most of the time, but I have gotten as far as...

- "failure to load DSP" or something, and

- loading the plugin but it not having any presets/options available

This sucks.  Anyone have any ideas on what's going on?

Hi,

It may be worth posting your message in the dedicated HXN forum -

although probably the only thing you will discover is - you are not alone!

https://line6.com/support/forum/90-helix-native/

The best you can hope is that this thing is fixed with this supposed “core update” in firmware v2.80 which is due soon!

From a thread in the forum referenced by datacommando, there's an apparent solution if you're using Windows:

I installed just the redistributable (VCRedist2013) from https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=40784 and instantly resolved for me.

Some other people resolved this by installing Cakewalk by BandLab (which is free), which depends on certain Microsoft redistributables. Apparently it installs the Windows components Helix Native needs. Worth a try.

I'll echo @datacommando's mention of "you're not alone." Check out the Helix Native forum to commiserate. Although I've had great success (luck?) with Helix Native (Mac High Sierra and Logic Pro X), many have had installation problems using either Windows or Mac, and on various DAWS. The problems have been sporadic, so there seems to be no definitive solution. Let's hope that Line 6 addresses the problem in the next update.

• Upvote 1