Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

L6 Link Not Working, No Sound.

jazfunk

I just received my new DT50 today and first tried it with a guitar directly into the amp.  Sounds amazing!  Then, I hooked up my POD HD500 with an XLR cable to the L6 link and I get no sound.  I hear some popping and when I change presets I can hear some relays switching, but no audio.  

I've searched and found very little on this topic, some statements regarding updates and flash memory, etc.  Just wanted to throw it out to the forum and see if anyone has had or heard of this type of problem.

Thanks.

I have the same issue after upgrading my hd500 to firmware 2.20.

Before it worked well, now I have the same: no sound, only popping sounds

Other thing: my variax JTV59 sounds wonderfull on amp1 on my dt-25, the fender one..clean

On number 2 and 3, the marshall/vox one it sounds terrible. digital clipping, one harsh thin sound....

I just received my new DT50 today and first tried it with a guitar directly into the amp.  Sounds amazing!  Then, I hooked up my POD HD500 with an XLR cable to the L6 link and I get no sound.  I hear some popping and when I change presets I can hear some relays switching, but no audio.

Do you have the master volume on the HD500 turned up? That was the one thing that changed in the update. Before the master volume on the HD500 was bypassed when using L6 Link. Now it's in the signal path, so if it's down, you wouldn't be getting any sound out of the DT-25.

Did you try the standard power off and then power on for both the HD500 and the DT50?        Try powering on HD500 first while connected via L6 LINK to DT50 and then power on the DT50.  

I used to have a similar issue with my HD500 and DT25 and a power off of both and then a power on always fixed the issue.  However, I have not tried it since going to v2.2 fw on the HD500, so fingers crossed it still helps.

1. Could be the cable.  Swap XLR cables with a known good one. 

2. Could be the patch.  Start a new patch with nothing but an amp Pre model of your choice. Keep it in the default position with default settings.

3. Could be the order of turning them on.  They are still computers and need to talk to each other.  (This has helped me in the past)

• start with everything off.
  • turn HD500 on let it stabilize.
  • turn DT50 to Standby, Master off, PWR on and wait.  There will be no light around master or topology settings.  wait and it will click on, it will click again in a few seconds as the topology syncs with the POD and the lettering will be lit up.
  • turn DT Standby to ON, Master up a quarter.
  • POD Master to half, guitar volume up, should have sound now.
  • always use the reverse to shutdown
  • if you want to use HDEdit, turn POD on first, then HDEdit before DT on.

Let us know if any of this helps...

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Same thing here - Pro x 2nd time I turned it on - no sound with the L6 link. Got it to work - unplugged the L6 at my DT25 - Turned the DT back on and then plugged in the HD pro x that was already on. It worked but was very frustrating. Thought it was me - Thinking of bringing my old pedal to rehearsal tonight. Must be the DT25 no syncing properly.