Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Sonic Port/mobile Pod And Garageband

Hi Hopefully you guys can help me.  I just picked up Sonic Port and downloaded Mobile Pod and am jamming along with it fine.  I cant seem to get garageband to pick it up so I can record with it. I also have Ampkit and in that I can set up a tone and then go right to garageband and record but i cant seem to get the same thing to work with Sonic Port and Mobile Pod.  Help!  I have an iPad 2.  What am I doing wrong?

T

Hey Telecat101,

If you go into the settings in your iPad and scroll down to the Mobile POD App - Select it. You'll see an option to turn on Background Audio to enable Mobile POD to run with other audio applications such as Garageband.  Hope this helps!  -Let me know if you have any further questions.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Just as a follow up to this post.  I could get Mobile Pod to play in the background by using Nicks advice (thanks!!) but couldn't get GB so read the input from Mobile Pod.  I wound up punting so to speak and downloading Audiobus and that app made everything right.  Not sure what I missed getting it to work but that app is a sweet interface for all the guitar apps I have so its working now!

t

• 2 weeks later...

I am another owner of the sonic port and mobile pod software. I have turned on background audio as you suggested and I downloaded audiobus as the other customer did. Please answer these two questions, 1, your advertising suggests that these two pieces of software work well together but why do we need audiobus? 2, although it appears to work through audiobus, the sound gets distorted through the process. So, am I missing something here? Am I doing anything wrong?

Thank you for your help

John