Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Good at home speakers for creating patches

MegaManny94

Hey guys, 

pretty much as the title says. I've been using my helix plugged into a little bugera amp to play. I recently got a new pc that's been working fantastic and I've been having a lot of fun finally using the helix with the pc as intended. I think it's time to get rid of the bugera in favor of some speakers that I can put on my desktop and create patches with. The cheaper, the better (I'd like to keep it in the 300-500 range for both speakers combined) but if there's a can't miss option that's a little more expensive, I'm all ears. 

+1 to the above. I also have JBLs (LSR308). Those Kalis are getting raves and would be at the top of my list if I were looking today, but I'm used to my JBLs.

Do remember that your patches will still sound different through different rigs (even other ones that are meant to be "flat" and "accurate" and at different volumes. But this is a very good way to get a close approximation.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2019 at 9:22 AM, jester700 said:

Do remember that your patches will still sound different through different rigs (even other ones that are meant to be "flat" and "accurate" and at different volumes.

+1 That is a very important point to make! 

Further to that... if the tones being created are intended for live use then I would also recommend that you create the tones at a similar volume. All of my tones are setup around 85db - 90db which is really loud in my home studio, but they translate extremely well to the FOH and Monitor systems.