Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is there a way to lock selection type in?

Rikthoven

So there I was in Snapshot/pedal view and I fat foot a snapshot or accidentally click both selection triggers and now suddenly my Helix is in a completely different selection mode and I am SCREWED during the show.  It switched from being able to swap between banks of patches to swapping between snapshots in a single patch.  Of course I didn't remember the specific modes  I had set up in the global settings in the heat of the moment.  It was all I could do to switch to my main rock patch and finish the show using that only.  Once I got home and got the old manual out I got the board back to the way I had it.   Is there a way to lock the bank selection triggers so that you CAN'T change selection modes on the fly like that?  That is super annoying.  I don't know how many times this has almost happened and I've kicked the mode button to avoid things going horribly wrong.   Am I missing something obvious or is there no way to to do this? 

Thanks for any help I appreciate it.

Maybe I misunderstood your problem, but it seems that you have pressed the two bank-footswitsches at the same time and selected the snapshot mode. Pressing the mode button leads you back to the mode you had before (snapshot / stomp).

6 hours ago, Rikthoven said:

Thanks for any help I appreciate it.

Easily done, but it’s user error! See below.

2 hours ago, teo-torriate said:

Maybe I misunderstood your problem, but it seems that you have pressed the two bank-footswitsches at the same time and selected the snapshot mode. Pressing the mode button leads you back to the mode you had before (snapshot / stomp).

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Oh yeah I realize it's user error.  It's me hitting both selection buttons at once accidentally which puts it into a "change selection type" mode and if you don't kick "mode" to escape out, your selection mode can change which will really make your life interesting.  Is there a way to lock selection mode in so that the selection mode can not be changed on the fly.  I.E. Hitting both buttons does nothing, your selection mode can't be changed unless you go into your global settings menu.

Thanks!