Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

My LT's expression pedal is broken...but...

cvpe913

My helix LT's expression pedal got broken last week...logged a ticket... and got a response that I have to contact the distributor (I'm from the Philippines)... I said ok, will call them..

then I was adviced for charges for diagnostic fee which the diagnostic test will take 10 working days, then they will order whatever parts that will be replacedm for them to repair the LT..again another charge for the parts and labor plus the waiting time will take approx 60days for the parts and another 15days to replace...

WOW! all the charges, and that long?! ...informed customer support about it, and frank richotte..they emailed the distributor to contact me and replace the LT..but that was6 days ago..and they told me the distributor is not getting back at them (or me)... I guess this is the sad fate when it comes to distributors... Line 6's support is A+++  but their distributor is a pain....

Yes, although probably a little better in Australia, it's nothing like USA.

Line 6 does distribution deals with 3rd parties for other territories, and that means your first port of call is not Line 6.

Seems they then need to get any service approved by Line 6 before proceeding.

This does not happen in warranty period though. Most countries have laws regarding a fair warranty and decent service, so no matter who they are (Apple being one!!) they end up having to meet the local laws rather than some warranty for an unreasonable time.

Don't know if you have consumer laws, but if you do, the distributer has to meet the legal requirements.

Sorry to hear this.... Every distributor will have it's own policies, and each country will have it's own laws as well. Sometimes I think Line 6 has their hands tied... not much they can do, even if it is their product. 

Here in Canada Line 6 is distributed by Yorkville which is also the owner of our largest music store chain "Long and McQuade". When you need something fixed here it is relatively easy and fast... especially with full service stores from coast to coast. 

11 hours ago, rvroberts said:

Yes, although probably a little better in Australia, it's nothing like USA.

Line 6 does distribution deals with 3rd parties for other territories, and that means your first port of call is not Line 6.

Seems they then need to get any service approved by Line 6 before proceeding.

This does not happen in warranty period though. Most countries have laws regarding a fair warranty and decent service, so no matter who they are (Apple being one!!) they end up having to meet the local laws rather than some warranty for an unreasonable time.

Don't know if you have consumer laws, but if you do, the distributer has to meet the legal requirements.

3 hours ago, codamedia said:

Sorry to hear this.... Every distributor will have it's own policies, and each country will have it's own laws as well. Sometimes I think Line 6 has their hands tied... not much they can do, even if it is their product. 

Here in Canada Line 6 is distributed by Yorkville which is also the owner of our largest music store chain "Long and McQuade". When you need something fixed here it is relatively easy and fast... especially with full service stores from coast to coast. 

yeah...here we also have laws but most of the times it aint working for the side of the consumer...