Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Podhd400: Cant Take The Delay Off A Custom Preset

watsonbl

I have the POD HD400. My presets are listed as follows:

Amp: Hiway100 

bias:99

biasx 50

FX 1: Blue comp

sustyn:98

FX2: AnologChorus

Speed:5%

Depth:100

Chvib:chorus

FX3: delay/echo OFF

Reverb: Octo

predelay: 0

decay 72

tone: 0

mix 100

OK THEN! So basically i have manually taken the delay off but when i play there is a 1/8 second delay before the sound comes out. This is a problem because I want to play in actual time. Sorry if my terminology is off but Im a novice. PLEASE HELP!

I tried this, and even at 99 the mix level drastically changes the sound, to the point where the effect is no longer even close to the original desired sound. I'm guessing the desired sound is simply reverb noise alone, but I need to be able to use it without the lag. Are there any other ways around this?

I have the POD HD400. My presets are listed as follows:

Amp: Hiway100

bias:99

biasx 50

FX 1: Blue comp

sustyn:98

FX2: AnologChorus

Speed:5%

Depth:100

Chvib:chorus

FX3: delay/echo OFF

Reverb: Octo

predelay: 0

decay 72

tone: 0

mix 100

OK THEN! So basically i have manually taken the delay off but when i play there is a 1/8 second delay before the sound comes out. This is a problem because I want to play in actual time. Sorry if my terminology is off but Im a novice. PLEASE HELP!

Are you playing live through an amp or into your computer? Do other presets do this? Does a different effect in that slot cause the same thing?

The thing about the reverb fx is the octo is integral to the sound, in fact, it pretty much is the sound. I play though both amp and computer, but either way sounds the same. As far  as other effects and presets, I'm pretty sure it lies in the octo reverb, as it does the same with other effects that i have set up to where the octo reverb mix is at 100. From what Im getting so far, it seems like there is no way around this, the octo reverb has that delay built in. I dunno, someone prove me wrong please! But it just doesn't make sense. There doesn't seem to be any specific technical reason why it would be like this.