Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using Snapshots with Variax

grom68

I use a Variax Standard  plugged in a Helix LT.

I can't manage to change guitar model using the snapshots within the same preset. Apparently the guitar mode cannot be associated to a snapshot.

Does someone know something about this issue?

First, your Variax needs to be connected via the VDI connection, not the 1/4" jack. 

Secondly you need to assign the desired Vaariax parameter (e.g. model) to the Snapshot Controller - just like any other parameter you want to control using snapshots.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, grom68 said:

Unfortunately the guitar model is not in the list ot items that can be assigned. I can find only :input gate, threshold, decay, guitar in Z.

It sounds like you are looking at the Guitar input (1/4") and not the Variax input (VDI).

Like silverhead said, you have to use the VDI cable and the Variax input to control the Variax model.

8 minutes ago, grom68 said:

Unfortunately the guitar model is not in the list ot items that can be assigned.

Are you shure? The Standard and the JTV-models are supported by the Helix...as far as I know. Page 20 of the English / American manual should help you find the right adjustements.

1. From the Input > Multi or Input > Variax block, press PAGE> once.
  2. Turn Knob 1 (Variax Settings) to choose between setting your Variax parameters globally or per preset.
  3. To assign a Variax parameter to snapshot control, PUSH AND TURN its knob. The value will appear white and in brackets.

NOTE: 2.80 (out soon) adds an additional page of parameters to adjust each string's volume independently and these can also be set per snapshot.

Eureka, i've found the solution. Inisde the snapshot, select the variax model on the variax menu, right click on the variax model and select snapshot. It is different from the standard assignment procedure for the other parameters.

1 minute ago, grom68 said:

Eureka, i've found the solution. Inisde the snapshot, select the variax model on the variax menu, right click on the variax model and select snapshot. It is different from the standard assignment procedure for the other parameters.

It actually isn't, but glad you got it working...