Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Doubts about amplifier and cabinet simulations and output configurations

jaboldu

Hi, I use POD HD500X with presets that include amplifier and cabinet.
When I connect it through the Combo Front mode to an external amplifier ...

1- Is it enough to change the mode in the SETUP / OUTPUTS menu and put the 1/4 "switch to the AMP position so that it does not use the preset cabinet and thus use the cabinet of my guitar amplifier? the preamp of the preset or should I make a copy without the preset so that I do not use it?

O well...

2- Should I make a copy of this preset by removing the cabinet to use the cabinet of my guitar amp and, perhaps, the preamp?

When I connect it using Combo PWR AMP mode to an external amplifier ...

3-1- Is it enough to change the mode in the SETUP / OUTPUTS menu and put the 1/4 "switch to the LINE position so that it only uses the preamp of the preset and in this way use the cabinet of my guitar amplifier?

I appreciate any response beforehand.

the short answer is 

NO

these automatic settings are some general changes best suited for each situation, but you are certainly not going to get the same sound out of your personal monitoring system when set to studio/direct as you would when connected to a combo amp when set to combo

I absolutely suggest that people who use different scenarios create patches for each scenario. 

Guitar Amps, monitors, PA speakers, all sound different.  Sometimes way different.  Hook them up to play an MP3 through them and see how much different they sound.  This is why you can't expect the PODHD to sound the same with just a flick of the switch.  

A $99 dollar solid state guitar combo amp will not sound the same as a $5000 Marshall stack, which won't sound the same as a $2000 PA speaker.  There is NO magic button that can compensate for the thousands of different amps/cabs out there.

Find the amps/cabs that you want to use your PODHD through and build pre-sets specifically for that.