Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Boss Tera Echo

TLF2007

I'm looking to replicate this effect from Boss. There's an interesting analogish decay in the modulation occuring as well as a bit of saturation that I can't seem to replicate on the Helix. Wondering if anyone has tried to replicate this wonderful effect successfully. the Cosmos eche is kinda in the realm but not really the same thing.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 6/20/2019 at 3:50 AM, TLF2007 said:

I'm looking to replicate this effect from Boss. There's an interesting analogish decay in the modulation occuring as well as a bit of saturation that I can't seem to replicate on the Helix. Wondering if anyone has tried to replicate this wonderful effect successfully. the Cosmos eche is kinda in the realm but not really the same thing.

Did you find a way to replicate the Boss Tera Echo effect? I love that effect and was considering upgrading from a Boss GT-100 to a Helix but maybe I shouldn't since Helix doesn't have Tera Echo.  If the Helix tone is much better than the GT-100 I should probably get one anyway. I'd love to hear any opinions on this.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2020 at 12:35 PM, DugT said:

Did you find a way to replicate the Boss Tera Echo effect? I love that effect and was considering upgrading from a Boss GT-100 to a Helix but maybe I shouldn't since Helix doesn't have Tera Echo.  If the Helix tone is much better than the GT-100 I should probably get one anyway. I'd love to hear any opinions on this.

I found a way to come close. There is a sweep echo in Helix that works really well. I had a GT-100. I liked it but it didn't compare to the Helix. The biggest thing about the Tera was how your pick attack could drive the effect. I have come really close with a dynamic split ( basically a gate to the effect), the sweep echo and the chamber echo. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/26/2020 at 11:02 AM, TLF2007 said:

I found a way to come close. There is a sweep echo in Helix that works really well. I had a GT-100. I liked it but it didn't compare to the Helix. The biggest thing about the Tera was how your pick attack could drive the effect. I have come really close with a dynamic split ( basically a gate to the effect), the sweep echo and the chamber echo. 

Thanks for the update. My new Helix sounds so much better than my GT-100, I no longer care that it doesn't have Tera Echo. In spite of that, I tried the dynamic split method that you described but I am probably too new at this to make it work right. Now I use regular Phaser and chorus in presets with distortion. 

On 11/26/2020 at 8:02 PM, TLF2007 said:

Would it be possible to share the fruits of your labour? An effect that comes close to the Tera sounds very interesting - alas, my own attempts have not been too successful.