Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp and Helix Native

medieval21

I am considering buying Helix Native plugin as i already have bought HX Stomp and when 2.8 firmware upgrade will be released they will be able to share same patches.So is it worth it?Is there anyone who has bought both?What's your experience with Helix Native?

1 hour ago, medieval21 said:

I am considering buying Helix Native plugin as i already have bought HX Stomp and when 2.8 firmware upgrade will be released they will be able to share same patches.So is it worth it?Is there anyone who has bought both?What's your experience with Helix Native?

Well, I mean, what is it you want to do with it?  

I love Helix Native. I primarily use it to record stuff. It works just like the Stomp, except because it's a plugin it's faster for recording, and it has way more blocks.  Is that your plan? 

3 hours ago, Kilrahi said:

Well, I mean, what is it you want to do with it?  

I love Helix Native. I primarily use it to record stuff. It works just like the Stomp, except because it's a plugin it's faster for recording, and it has way more blocks.  Is that your plan? 

Well yes i would record with it as well through Reaper but i also want to experiment creating presets with it so i won't have to connect Stomp to computer.

8 hours ago, medieval21 said:

Hi medieval21,

I have a Helix Floor unit linked up to my DAW (Logic) full time and also run Native as plug in. I had some initial problems with Native after running the demo a buying the full version. Most of this stemmed from some bug in the “phone home” registration/verification routine in the software. It was a real PITA for me at the start, but was resolved and everything has been fine ever since. Yay! Great! It’s like having  a whole bunch of Helix units inside your computer - way cool when it works. There is a downside to this, because there is a thread dedicated to HX Native and there are stacks of people having problems on both Mac  and PCs, using various DAW programs, where Native is screwing up everything. Some fixes have worked and on other systems they fail for no apparent reason!

See this thread:

https://line6.com/support/forum/90-helix-native/

Other than that, if Line 6 gave managed to fix these bugs in the next firmware update, just do it - it’s like having as many extra Helix toys as your computer can manage. As long as you remember the limitations of your HX Stomp which can only use 6 Blocks.

• Thanks 1