Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New with HX Stomp

sdahe

Hello,

I've been using analogs pedals for many years and now I've decided to use the HX Stomp in my pedalboard. Im totally new in the digital world for guitars so I have some questions. Excuse me for my newbie questions.. hahaha.. But Im an analog man coming into the digital world.

Let's start with my questions...

1. When I use the 4 cable method this means I can place the delay into the amp's effect loop and other pedals in front of the amp?.. I know I have to make a block for the effect loop in my HX Stomp so I'll have the amp in the chain... to have something running through the amp's effect loop I have to place that after the effect loop block right?.. and before that block anything I want in front of the amp..

2. I've seen that you can placed blocks in a separate path from the chain... is this the same as placing a delay into the effects loop of an amp?

3. Another thing about the IR.. I bought a 4x12 Celestion Vintage 30 IR from Celestion and they send me o bunch of wav files. Which on is the one I install in the Stomp?. And what's the difference between IR1024 and IR 2048

This is what they send me... (Im trying to understand the IR thing)

Screen-Shot-2019-06-23-at-5-16-55-PM.png

Thanks I hope I have explained my self well

Since I don't use a 4 cable method, I'll leave that question for someone else.

As far as a separate path from the chain, I'm assuming you're talking about a split and merge from the signal path.  That really has nothing to do with placing an effects loop into the signal chain.  This is just a way to allow blocks to operate in parallel such as a reverb and a delay, or two simultaneous amps working together.

As far as your Celestion IR pack, those are all just variations of different captures of the speaker using different microphones or microphone mixes as well as different placements of those microphones on the speaker cabinet.  All of which will create slightly different tones on a given amp.  So any of them can be used and should be used to audition what works best for a given sound.  The real question here is, why are you using IR's if you're using the 4 cable method into a traditional amp setup.  You already have a cab, so an IR is just adding the effect of a cab on top of a real cab.

4 hours ago, DunedinDragon said:

Since I don't use a 4 cable method, I'll leave that question for someone else.

As far as a separate path from the chain, I'm assuming you're talking about a split and merge from the signal path.  That really has nothing to do with placing an effects loop into the signal chain.  This is just a way to allow blocks to operate in parallel such as a reverb and a delay, or two simultaneous amps working together.

As far as your Celestion IR pack, those are all just variations of different captures of the speaker using different microphones or microphone mixes as well as different placements of those microphones on the speaker cabinet.  All of which will create slightly different tones on a given amp.  So any of them can be used and should be used to audition what works best for a given sound.  The real question here is, why are you using IR's if you're using the 4 cable method into a traditional amp setup.  You already have a cab, so an IR is just adding the effect of a cab on top of a real cab.

Hello.. and thanks

I use the stomp in 4CM when Im using my Marshall amp.. and the IR's when Im going directly to the PA with no amp. Sometimes Im lazy and don't want to bring an amp to a gig and I'll just connect the stomp directly to the PA. That was the main reason I bought this stomp box

On 6/24/2019 at 11:19 PM, spikey said:

Adding an IR cab to a real cab ( in 4 cable method or otherwise) is not a good idea generally because it can make your tone dark/muddy , so as long as they aren't mixed u should be fine.

Hello... Im not adding an IR with my current Amp+Cab... Im only using the IR when Im going directly to the PA with no amp.