Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HELP: Helix LT cant be seen by HX Edit on my desktop

cvpe913

Got my LT replacement, my hx edit cant "see" it on my desktop... Tried it on my laptop, it works... Tried it again on my desktop still null... Both are running Windows 7... Ive already tried different usb ports and cables with my desktop, re-installed hx edit, still the same... What could be the cause?

hx.JPG

15 hours ago, czarkhanpe said:

installed HX edit and drivers, connected my LT, computer read the LT...but HX edit says device not connected...tried it on my laptop and it owrked, HX edit "saw" my LT....inserted it again on my desktop and still HX edit says device not connected, tried other USB ports, same... any solutions?

Hi czarkhanpe,

You say that you installed HX Edit and drivers, but you didn’t say if you had updated the firmware, or even which version you have, along with your computer system - OSX ?, WINDOWS ? Useful to know when troubleshooting this stuff.

NOTE: Your copy of HX Edit AND the Firmware MUST BE the same revision number. If your firmware in the Helix is v2.71 then the editor software needs to be v2.71. It is not unusual for someone to have performed an update and inadvertently left an older copy (2.7 or even 2.6) of the HX Edit app on their computer, which then launches from a previous “shortcut” to the app. 

Also don’t have any other programmes running in the background which could interfere with the USB connection. Other than that, USB is the usual suspect, although you say that you have tried different ports, you should also try different cables and do not use a USB hub.

Hope this makes sense/helps.

On 6/25/2019 at 9:59 PM, datacommando said:

Hi czarkhanpe,

You say that you installed HX Edit and drivers, but you didn’t say if you had updated the firmware, or even which version you have, along with your computer system - OSX ?, WINDOWS ? Useful to know when troubleshooting this stuff.

NOTE: Your copy of HX Edit AND the Firmware MUST BE the same revision number. If your firmware in the Helix is v2.71 then the editor software needs to be v2.71. It is not unusual for someone to have performed an update and inadvertently left an older copy (2.7 or even 2.6) of the HX Edit app on their computer, which then launches from a previous “shortcut” to the app. 

Also don’t have any other programmes running in the background which could interfere with the USB connection. Other than that, USB is the usual suspect, although you say that you have tried different ports, you should also try different cables and do not use a USB hub.

Hope this makes sense/helps.

Hi, sorry... Both hx edit and LT is running 2.71, im using windows 7