Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Cubase 5 - Midi Control Pod Hd Pro Tone Channels?

theinsideguy

Ok so a lot of people may be going "derp what an idiot" but i am really clueless with this right now!

(bare in mind i use the POD HD PRO rack unit and don't have a pedal board/controller)

Does anybody here know how to get cubase 5 to midi control the POD HD PRO tone channels

so when I hit play on Cubase it automates the guitar tones to change on the POD HD PRO unit

e.g....(Bar 1 - 17 clean tone)

then when it hits bar 17 the tone changes to "overdrive" for example.

I assume that it's done using a midi channel on cubase and using the key editor to punch it in but i'm pretty lost with it,

so any information would be great! (step by step process and equipment needed would be ideal)

CHEEERS!

To change patches on a POD HD you need to send a MIDI Program Change - this will change within a set-list.  To change Set Lists you need to send a Bank Change.

The easy method might be to get Cubase to record MIDI messages sent from the POD when you make the required changes using the direct controls.

See Appendix C in the advanced guide: http://line6.com/data/6/0a06434dfe5c4f7b801d5336b/application/pdf/POD%20HD%20Pro%20Advanced%20Guide%20v2.0%20-%20English%20(%20Rev%20A%20).pdf

• 2 months later...