Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

double post, sorry

cvpe913

Make sure you're not connected to a USB Hub. Usually, the front USB ports on a desktop are a hub, so connect to the ports on the back.

Make sure that HX Edit and the Helix are on the latest (2.71) version. If not, install the HX Edit file from L6 website. It installs everything you need. Backup the Helix FIRST, then install HX Edit, close HX Edit,  then run the Updater.

If you're connected to a good port and everything is updated, you should be good. If not, try re-installing HXEdit (to re-install the drivers). 

If still no good, call support.

40 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

Make sure you're not connected to a USB Hub. Usually, the front USB ports on a desktop are a hub, so connect to the ports on the back.

Make sure that HX Edit and the Helix are on the latest (2.71) version. If not, install the HX Edit file from L6 website. It installs everything you need. Backup the Helix FIRST, then install HX Edit, close HX Edit,  then run the Updater.

If you're connected to a good port and everything is updated, you should be good. If not, try re-installing HXEdit (to re-install the drivers). 

If still no good, call support.

Hi rd2rk,

Thanks, that’s really good advice, but the trouble is I have already been down that path with the same poster asking the same things here:

https://line6.com/support/topic/47568-help-helix-lt-cant-be-seen-by-hx-edit-on-my-desktop/?tab=comments#comment-300139

This thing is cross threaded, and we are all going down the same rabbit hole! Plus this guy is already on a replacement LT.

CONFUSED!

I am, because in my original reply I quote his original post - that has now been edited and has a picture added.

i really don’t get it!

2 hours ago, datacommando said:

This thing is cross threaded, and we are all going down the same rabbit hole! Plus this guy is already on a replacement LT.

CONFUSED!

I am, because in my original reply I quote his original post - that has now been edited and has a picture added.

i really don’t get it!

I thought it looked familiar. I didn't respond the first time because you'd already hit it.

We see the same questions over and over. It's pointless to tell them "search before you post", so we just answer them.

The worst is when the same guy doesn't get the answer he wants, so he posts the question again, as if different people will respond with the answer he wants?

Then we answer him again, 'cause who remembers who asked what.....

I don't get it either.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, datacommando said:

Hi rd2rk,

Thanks, that’s really good advice, but the trouble is I have already been down that path with the same poster asking the same things here:

https://line6.com/support/topic/47568-help-helix-lt-cant-be-seen-by-hx-edit-on-my-desktop/?tab=comments#comment-300139

CONFUSED!

i really don’t get it!

sorry accidentally had a double post... Apologize for the confusion

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rd2rk said:

I thought it looked familiar. I didn't respond the first time because you'd already hit it.

We see the same questions over and over. It's pointless to tell them "search before you post", so we just answer them.

The worst is when the same guy doesn't get the answer he wants, so he posts the question again, as if different people will respond with the answer he wants?

Then we answer him again, 'cause who remembers who asked what.....

I don't get it either.

My apologies for the double post