Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Bandhelper App - USB control - Helix

themetallikid

Ok thanks for the original suggestion by those of this app...i finally got everything for my band switched over and I'm at the point of exploring controlling my tablet from the Helix.

Its been years since I worked with anything MIDI...and i'm sort of a midi-ot....

Would anyone be willing to walk me through how to get this to do a few things?

Without knowing if this is possible...here is what I want...not sure what gear, if any I need as well between helix/tablet.....

For my acoustic preset, I'd like stomps for previous/next song, and page up/down.  I only use one preset with snapshots to control any changes so I'd be in stomp/snap mode here.

For my full band, I'd like to have it pull up lyrics for each song as I engage the preset (not sure if this possible)...if not, then I need to know how to advance songs, page up down....I typically run in 4 preset/snap mode, so I'm not sure how I'd trigger stuff otherwise.  Being that we run a setlist and I have a preset per song, I could probably change my up/down buttons to advance presets instead of banks and then utilize stomp/snap mode as well....

Any help?  Thanks in advance....

I came across an old MIDI>USB cable I had called the MidiPlus Midilink 2x2.  I used it when I had my Axe FX and a LAMF foot controller so that I could connect all three and use the Fractal PC editor and everything.   Worked great...

I think I can just use half of the 2x2 and run one set of the in/outs from the Helix to the Tablets USB.  

Would you be willing to walk me through how you set it up that way?  That would work for my Full Band scenario