Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How do you import 3rd party IR's to the powercab plus?

wizardman

Does anyone know how to import 3rd party ir's to the powercab plus? I have purchased liveready ir's and the M britt helix presets but the Powercab editor app will now allow me to import any of the ir's.

Any help much appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/29/2019 at 1:40 PM, wizardman said:

Does anyone know how to import 3rd party ir's to the powercab plus? I have purchased liveready ir's and the M britt helix presets but the Powercab editor app will now allow me to import any of the ir's.

I am having the same problem. I get a message that says...

"Impulse response Import failure.

Impulse response Import failed. Please try Again".

I'm having the same problem.

I have two PowerCab Plus's and did the update without issue, upgraded my PowerCab Edit software but now can't load IR's into either unit. I downloaded the manual to make sure I'm not doing something wrong, but still no luck.

I tried to load the Allure IR's just to make sure that wasn't the problem and those also fail to load. The IR's are the same ones I have loaded in my Helix. This is the error message I see:

image.png.57a474379aa8cfa4a2c6d601e75420d4.png

• 3 weeks later...

I know there's a lot going on right now with the new new Helix firmware but has anyone confirmed whether this is a bug not being able to import IRs to the PowerCab Plus? Would just like to know if it's a problem specific to my setup or a general defect. I used the same setup to update the Helix and was able to get through that process.

Thanks

11 hours ago, johnrjackson said:

I know there's a lot going on right now with the new new Helix firmware but has anyone confirmed whether this is a bug not being able to import IRs to the PowerCab Plus? Would just like to know if it's a problem specific to my setup or a general defect. I used the same setup to update the Helix and was able to get through that process.

Thanks

48kHz, 24-bit, mono, 2048 samples... that's the only type of IRs it will take. 

I have loaded Ownhammer, 3Sigma, Celestion and ML Sound Lab IRs into Powercab + without any problems. Those companies provide different folders with different sample rates and bit-rates. Just pick 48k, 24-bit.

I had problems loading the Allure IRs I downloaded for line 6 as well. Weird. I know.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2019 at 5:20 PM, Rocco_Crocco said:

48kHz, 24-bit, mono, 2048 samples... that's the only type of IRs it will take. 

I have loaded Ownhammer, 3Sigma, Celestion and ML Sound Lab IRs into Powercab + without any problems. Those companies provide different folders with different sample rates and bit-rates. Just pick 48k, 24-bit.

I had problems loading the Allure IRs I downloaded for line 6 as well. Weird. I know.

No problems here as well so it can’t be a bug. Just really picky about sample rate etc.

• 1 month later...

Same problem here. I bought Celestion IRs and tried to import both the Line6 formatted IRs and 48k, 24 bit, but can't even select the file from the import screen since its greyed out. Also tried the Allure IR wav files which came pre loaded in the Power Cab +. but those won't load either.

Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 5.24.49 PM.png

• 1 month later...
On 6/29/2019 at 1:40 PM, wizardman said:

I am having the same problem. I get a message that says...

"Impulse response Import failure.

Impulse response Import failed. Please try Again".

Has anyone has tried first loading the IRs that are not working in the Powercab to their HX device, e.g. Helix? Let the Helix do the IR conversion to its native format as it accepts a wide range of IR formats. If it exports into Helix's preferred format(48kHz, 16-bit, mono, up to 2048 samples) then an export of the IR from the Helix and load into the Powercab might work just fine.

Ideally the exported IRs from the Helix will match the format required by the Powercab. The spec required for IRs appears to be the same for both the Helix and the Powercab so I suppose it may come down to the backup format Line6 uses when it exports IRs from the Helix. If anyone tries this please let me know if it works. My Powercab is still on the way. If it does work my only concern would be that the  IR export from the Helix remained a high quality and fairly accurate representation of the original IR.

On 11/8/2019 at 6:54 PM, HonestOpinion said:

Has anyone has tried first loading the IRs that are not working in the Powercab to their HX device, e.g. Helix? Let the Helix do the IR conversion to its native format as it accepts a wide range of IR formats. If it exports into Helix's preferred format(48kHz, 16-bit, mono, up to 2048 samples) then an export of the IR from the Helix and load into the Powercab might work just fine.

Ideally the exported IRs from the Helix will match the format required by the Powercab. The spec required for IRs appears to be the same for both the Helix and the Powercab so I suppose it may come down to the backup format Line6 uses when it exports IRs from the Helix. If anyone tries this please let me know if it works. My Powercab is still on the way. If it does work my only concern would be that the  IR export from the Helix remained a high quality and fairly accurate representation of the original IR.

It doesn't work. The exported IR is probably the original file non-truncated.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Rocco_Crocco said:

It doesn't work. The exported IR is probably the original file non-truncated.

Thanks for trying! Disappointing and surprising that doesn't work. Maybe a third party convertor is going to prove to be the way to go until and if Line6 widens the breadth of IRs it can import on the PC+.

Don't think the exported IR is a non-truncated version though, more likely truncated and potentially format modified, at least from stereo to mono, depending on what was originally imported. Who knows what goes on behind the curtain though. I've actually been curious for a while about what exactly the Helix exports in its IR files as I wondered if it was better to load the original IRs or the backups. Probably doesn't make a difference unless the Helix converts its IR backups again when they are loaded and makes each iteration of load slightly more different from the original. Seems unlikely.

51 minutes ago, HonestOpinion said:

Thanks for trying! Disappointing and surprising that doesn't work. Maybe a third party convertor is going to prove to be the way to go until and if Line6 widens the breadth of IRs it can import on the PC+.

Don't think the exported IR is a non-truncated version though, more likely truncated and potentially format modified, at least from stereo to mono, depending on what was originally imported. Who knows what goes on behind the curtain though. I've actually been curious for a while about what exactly the Helix exports in its IR files as I wondered if it was better to load the original IRs or the backups. Probably doesn't make a difference unless the Helix converts its IR backups again when they are loaded and makes each iteration of load slightly more different from the original. Seems unlikely.

I was a bit dissapointed about it at first. I have all these Freman IRs that really sounded great that I couldn't load into the PC. I actually found some other IRs that work really well with the Powercab, so its all good.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just keeping this tread alive.  This is a real problem.

I also cannot get IR's that work in both Helix and HX stomp to load into PC+ 112. I get the same Import error message on computer as those above.  

I also tried importing the IR's into Helix, letting Helix "process" them, exporting the "processed" IR's from Helix, then importing into PC+ for use with my HX Stomp to save blocks/processing.

• 2 months later...

I exported an IR from Powercab and compared it to a OH-IR.
The OH-IR is MONO 32 bit float / 48 kHz
The PC-IR is MONO 32 bit / 48 kHz

Looks like the Powecab do not accept float.

I was able to open and save the files without 'float' using WaveLab, and then use mp3tag to make sure all converted files had the correct 'title'.

Then they all did import without error to my Powecab.

float1.PNG

float2.PNG

• Like 1

Yeah so just got a Powercab, I love it and it looks and sounds great.

Sucks that the HXStomp doesn't have a link out but more bizarrely that the IRs I bought from Line6s store won't work on it.

Are we going to get an update for this? If so when. Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

The IR's in Powercab are found under the Digital output (you need to be connected via L6-Link, I guess there is a MIDI-way too, but never used it). After selecting Digital output you will find the Powercab tab where you can select IR and which IR to use (same place where you select Flat and Speaker mode). There is some Allure preinstalled, think it was 5 in my cab. 

If you want to import more IR's you need to use Power Edit (select import or drag/drop into the editor)

In HX Edit you can’t see the name of your IR, only position/number. I made a list on the side with the loaded IR’s and in which position.

Your Powercab must have version 2.001 and the Editor 2.00 (software found here https://line6.com/software/index.html) to do above.  

//Per

image.thumb.png.52d20ca448e4cb54ed7d4ce7e688ed2e.png

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure your are dropping the WAV IR file into the Impulses Tab, and not the Presets...Doh!

Since the IR is not a Preset it will be "grey" in Import, once you select Impulse Tab, a 48k Mono 24bit wav file will be seen and import.

That is what I was doing and others may be doing this as well. I knew the files was 48k Mono 24bit, and my other Redwirez IRs came in fine, so I knew something was up....

• 5 months later...