Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G50 Fuzzes And Distorts When Guitar Volume Fades Out.

rsto10

I have a Relay G50.  The other day I was playing some clean tone stuff and noticed that if I hit a chord and let it ring, the sound started clear but began to fuzz, crackle, and break up as the sustain from the guitar faded.  If I roll back on the guitar volume and pick very lightly, everything I play at low volume is distorted and fuzzy.  I use a DT-50, so at first I thought it might be related to the tubes, but when I removed the Relay from the signal and used a cable, there was no issue.  Definitely a G50 issue.  I had the firmware updated by a service tech who sent it out to Line 6 when the cable connection on the transmitter needed to be repaired, so it is the latest firmware to the best of my knowledge.  I've tried switching channels, I've tried Lo and Hi power.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

The possibility of a hardware failure is always present but there's no way to know with the limited info presented. I would test the Relay by passing recorded music into the transmitter and plugging the receiver into a PA system ( not a guitar amp since guitar amps are built to add coloration to the signal)

Let us know what happens