Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Windows BSOD & Powercab 112 Plus :(

jonboyuk

Hi all

Today I received my PowerCab Plus, and I love the thing. It made parting from my trusty old DT25 that little bit easier (especially when I lifted it!)

Anyway I have only one issue with it, and it's that it causes my Win 10 PC to Blue Screen literally as soon as I plug it in. Although I've found a semi-work around, it's not good enough sadly.

By using the default Windows drivers it seems to work in its most basic form - I can use 'Powercab Edit' and use it as a PC speaker. However, as soon as I try with an official driver (I tried 1.91 and 1.88), this is when It blue screens. It means I can't update the firmware from this machine and I can't use it in my DAW as an ASIO device.

My guess is there is some kinda conflict because it works okay on my crappy little laptop.

Has anyone had this before?

Thanks

Jon

If You are using the Windows Version 1.91Released 9/13/18 drivers, then reinstall and see if they just went in wrong perhaps?

2.8 is supposed to be right around the corner so hang in there.

• 3 weeks later...

Today I wanted to update the firmware and had the same experience even before updating (I'm using Win7). Up to now I didn't have such a problem, therefore I checked what I modified on my computer recently.

My new logitech mouse (along with its software G Hub) seemed to be the problem. I closed its program and used a simple mouse instead. Then I could do the update.

Thus my advice would be to close all programs as far as possible on your computer and use simple mouse/keyboard. Install the driver 1.91 (if it makes a problem again then try with 1.88). While connected with the PC+ reopen/replug  your  programs/ input devices. That way you should find the problematic source, hopefully.

If you have used 1.88 for updating then install afterwards 1.91. With the new firmware only the 1.91 driver worked for me for ASIO in my DAW.

• 2 weeks later...

Right you are! Thanks!!

It's Logitech G Hub that's causing the BSOD. Infact, it does the same with my Helix.

As a workaround, all you have to do is exit the app. I can continue using my Logitech hardware, but there's a conflict between the L6 driver and G Hub.

Let the finger pointing begin!

So who needs to fix this issue since they both work fine independently?