I thought this would work.  I had done some recording a while back with gearbox, but I guess that is gone.  I downloaded the trial of podfarm.  But I can only get a stereo mic on one channel.  I'd like to have a stereo output to record.  But the second channel is shaded out.  Does that mean I need the $99 version of podfarm?  Do I loose my old model packs too?

Besides this project, I'd like to check out the new guitar sounds.

I though this would be easy, but ti seem tricky.

You should only need to have 2 single channels if you want to mix 2 different sounds.

If you simply select a preamp and a cab in a single effect chain, it should be in stereo.

POD Farm 1 replaces Gearbox. The trial version you currently have is for POD Farm 2. Install POD Farm 1 and you should have any add-ons you already purchased.

When you say 2nd channel are you referring to path B?

1 hour ago, Triryche said:

POD Farm 1 replaces Gearbox. The trial version you currently have is for POD Farm 2. Install POD Farm 1 and you should have any add-ons you already purchased.

When you say 2nd channel are you referring to path B?

I see.  I'll try POD farm 1. 

By channel, I mean input.  Input 1 is there. Input 2 is shaded out.

There is no podfarm 1 download anymore.

If I buy a POD STUDIO GX that ships with podfarm 2, will I be able to use my old UX2?  Will I get my model packs back?

I just looked for podfarm 1 and found the download.

In the drop down for All software there is POD Farm (with no 1 after it) that is what replaced Gearbox.

Any model packs you purchased you own and will be able to use them with a GX, UX1, UX2, PODxt, and PODxt Live. The nice thing about PF2 it also comes with the PF2 plug-in.

14 minutes ago, Triryche said:

In the drop down for All software there is POD Farm (with no 1 after it) that is what replaced Gearbox.

Any model packs you purchased you own and will be able to use them with a GX, UX1, UX2, PODxt, and PODxt Live. The nice thing about PF2 it also comes with the PF2 plug-in.

That is the one I tried.  For Windows 10 it is not available. 

20 hours ago, Triryche said:

I would try the Win7 version. 

Thanks,  That works.  So I have the two mic setup working.

A guy at my office was a former sports talk radio on air personality. So I'm working up some podcasts.  Even though I'm mainly a guitar guy, I had good luck with the UX2 recording a piano with a two mic setup - 2 shure sm58a .  I thought the line6 did a nice job.  The signal was clean and sounded good.

He looks at things differently though.  He calls the UX2 a "mixer", but I think it is a sound device.  He though the sound was "fine" compared to a USB mic.  I though the UX2 had a super low noise floor, at least according to their website. 

• Like 1