Sign in to follow this  
thenickhill81

My Setup for Recording Guitar with the Line 6 Helix and an Audio Interface

Today I walk through my guitar recording setup and my workflow. I've had a lot of questions so I figured we would go back to basics and see how it is we set stuff up.

Here is the workflow:

Line 6 Helix rack - UA Apollo Twin Duo - iMac - Presonus Studio One 4.0

Hi Nick,

This is a great video, thanks. This is exactly what I'm contemplating doing...i have a Helix but am looking at an Apollo for the plugins and multiple Mic Ins (since I like to reamp through external amps/cabs and would like to be able to record multiple mics at once into my DAW).

@ 1:10 in the video, you also note that you like to use microphones to record vocals and acoustic instruments but what I don't understand in the video is that you are using both XLR Outs from the Helix into the Mic ports on the Apollo....so both of your Mic Ins on the audio interface are now consumed. I'm not sure how this helps or puts you further ahead? I guess one solution would be to buy a larger, more expensive, Apollo model with more I/O but am I missing a detail here in your setup because I think I otherwise could get away with a Twin Quad. Thanks, Chris