Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Stomp and Eventide MixingLink- will it work?

Tetr4

Hello, so I've had what I think is a good idea which is to buy a Helix stomp and a thing called Eventide MixingLink Mic Preamp With Effects Loop, which is basically a mic pre pedal with an FX loop. I'm looking to use the stomp for guitar amp and maybe an overdrive, then add a couple of FX to the vocal, maybe a reverb, a distortion. I appreciate there are only 6 blocks my main question is will this actually work and are there any limitations. Thanks in advance! 

Yeah, it'll work.  I don't have THAT specific device, but I've used similar stuff and had the Stomp color it up. The limitations are the Stomp's 6 blocks (though IMO you really shouldn't do TOO much to a vocal) and the limits of what the Stomp's effects can do to a voice. They were designed for guitar, so while that doesn't mean you can't apply them to vocal, what works great for intended medium doesn't always knock it out of the park for another.