Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Question about the input of the POD XT PRO

Hello people, i just wonder if the Input of the POD XT PRO rack is a balanced or a unbalanced input, i'm asking this because i have an electric grand piano wich has outputs like a guitar does (1/4 plug) and besides XLR outputs too, but i always use the 1/4 plug output with a normal guitar cable (wich is TS ) to connect it to the front input of the POD XT PRO but i can hear the Radio Station when i do, and i was wondering if instead i can use a 1/4 TRS  cable in both ends  wich goes from the output of my piano to the front input of the POD, or maybe a XLR from the output of the piano to the input of the POD using a TRS male on this end.

Thank you! 

Is the cable you are using a shielded cable or one you made yourself? You might also want to try a TRS cable.

By the way, check the manual, but the manual for the PodXTLive says the Aux Input is a mono, unbalanced connection. My guess is the PodXTPro is the same.l