Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native in Studio One Pro 4 issue

alheeren

Picked up Helix Native on sale and installed it. I can bring up the plugin in my DAW (latest Studio One Pro) and it sounds fantastic!
Ok... the bad news...
When I double click presets it switches over to the preset on the screen but the sound does not change! I have to switch to a different input and then back for the sound to actually change to that preset! is anyone else having this issue? What is the fix for this?

• 5 months later...

I'm having the same issues, with Studio one pro 4.6 only changes preset sounds when I turn monitor off and back on in Studio one. I end up using Helix rack hardware to record, but it would be nice to have native available and operating the right way if my rack is not in the studio.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm...I have Studio One 4.6, and (as you might expect!) use Helix Native all the time. I have never run into this problem, and tried to duplicate it...used low-latency, didn't use low latency, tried different block sizes, you name it. If it's an insert effect in a track, and I switch presets, the sound changes.

Can you give a recipe to reproduce what you're experiencing? 

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem, Studio One 4.6, Helix Native...I change presets or para meters on the blocks (amps, effects, etc) and nothing changes until I switch off and on back again... No answer has been posted to solve trhis issue, please some help Line6

• 2 months later...

I have the exact same problem.

Studio One 4.6.1, Hx Native 1.9, on macOS Cataiina

Can't hear any change in my sound (changing presets on hx native) unless I disable, then reenable monitoring  or turn off low latency... 

It's really annoying and it kills my workflow.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, eduferreiras said:

A full year since first post and Line 6 did nothing!

I’m sorry to hear that you are having problems with HXN in Studio One 4.6.1 along with the other users who have posted above.

It seems strange that there is also a post from one user who states that his works as expected. I also notice that many are saying “please help” and “where’s the fix” and you have said “Line 6 did nothing”.

I wonder if any of them and/or you actually raised a ticket with Customer Support? That is the only way to definitely let Line 6 know that you are having problems. Line 6 staff do not monitor this forum. This forum is intended for users to assist other users, if they can.

Mmm. A full year! That’s a long time and we are now on Helix Native 1.92. Plus you say “I'll not upgrade my demo if they don't solve it.”. Interesting - the demo only works for 15 days, so the time frame you mention does not make any sense?

I don’t use Studio One and I’m unable to help you other than to say the best and quickest way to solve this is to let Line 6 know by asking Customer Support to investigate.

If I get a chance, I may download a trial version of Studio One and check it out, but I don’t know, because if it works for me on a Mac, your set up maybe completely different - too many variables.

Hope this helps/makes sense.