Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Control Hidden Dt Amp Parameters Via Hd Edit Software

fdesnoyers

I noticed that using Voicing III makes my DT very noisy (mainly with Treadplate Pre-amp modeling). I also noticed that setting "Negative Feedback" to anything else than "Zero" removes the noise while keeping the punch of the voicing. Unfortunately, I cannot tweak voicing "hidden parameters" using HD500 Edit software.

It would be great since I cannot use MIDI controler AND HD500 at the same time with my DT amp. It looks like when L6 Link is connected at the back ot the AMP, MIDI port become disabled and any MIDI message sent to the AMP is not processed.

I built my own IOS inteface to control both my DT amp and HD500 but only POD HD500 reacts to MIDI messages when both devices are in use...

I built my own IOS inteface to control both my DT amp and HD500 but only POD HD500 reacts to MIDI messages when both devices are in use...

very cool.

does your midi designer app allow you to control the DT by itself and have presets that include the outside parameters like drive volume, bass, middle, treble, etc. etc.?

So I could switch between my favorite presets just like when I'm paired with the HD 500 (minus the effects obviously)?

Or does the current position of the actual knobs on the DT potentially interfere with those settings, as they are in the 'preset', from being called up when loading the 'preset'?

very cool.

does your midi designer app allow you to control the DT by itself and have presets that include the outside parameters like drive volume, bass, middle, treble, etc. etc.?

So I could switch between my favorite presets just like when I'm paired with the HD 500 (minus the effects obviously)?

Or does the current position of the actual knobs on the DT potentially interfere with those settings, as they are in the 'preset', from being called up when loading the 'preset'?

In fact, MIDI Designer is an application that lets you design your own MIDI Interface to control any MIDI compatible device or application (like DAW). I used Line6 documentation (DT AMP MIDI implementation and POD HD500 MIDI Implementation (APPENDIX "B")and created controls that send MIDI messages. MIDI Designer community is continually building and maintaining layouts that you can download if you don't want to go through the whole design process.

I'm about to post a new layout that allow user to build presets with their DT AMP based on ALL controls (even hidden controls) and recall them by simply pressing a button.

If, like I do, you are using HD500 paired with DT AMP, you can download the layout for controling HD500. I also cerated a control that allows me to recall any preset in any bank just by pressing a button (very handy in LIVE environment). You don'y have to modifiy the layout do program the LIVE PRESET list control as it is designed to be used "as is". Layout posted on MD Q&A Community includes both HD500 and DT50 controls. If you want to give it a try, just install MD Designer Lite (Free),  upload layout and play with it. If you like it, you can upgrade to MD Designer Pro.

If you need any help regarding MD or layout, feel free to post request, I'll be pleased to help you.