Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Midi Beat Clock Out In M5

cvsecco

Hey guys. I have an M5 and I am trying to transmit the tap tempo to another device via midi out. The other device is prepared to receive the message, but it really doesn't sync (I only get sync when I transmit from the other device to M5). I guess M5 doesn't transmit MIDI beat clock message. Is it true?

The M5 will sync to an incoming MIDI clock signal, but it doesn't generate one on it's own.  It does send a MIDI CC message when you hit the tap tempo switch, though - it's CC #64. So you may be able to do something with that.

• 3 years later...

Hi guys! I'm actually a dj/live performer besides a guitarrist. And I use the M5 in my live setup, in sync with other synths and drum machines and things like that. In this case I plug the M5 in the stereo aux send/return of my mixer Behringer X1622, so I'm able to send the fx to any channel in my mixer. The problem is, let's simulate a situation:

I'm sending a delay to channel 6 (mybassline), and all other channels on the mixer have their aux closed. When any other loud signal (like a kick drum, coming from my Roland TR-8) comes in on another channel, the delay simply stops acting. The effect is still on, the led is still lit, but I can't hear any feedback. So, in order to the delay work again, I have to click the M5 switch off and on again. And that's pretty awful. I think the incoming signal in some manner disable the fx. But I don't know if the problem is on my audio connections or my MIDI connections.

This situation is a little unusual situation, I guess that I'm the only one using the M5 as a Electronic music Fx unit, but, could you guys give me a hand? I could send my entire setup diagram if this helps...

Thanks 

• 5 months later...

The M5 will sync to an incoming MIDI clock signal, but it doesn't generate one on it's own.  It does send a MIDI CC message when you hit the tap tempo switch, though - it's CC #64. So you may be able to do something with that.

I have tried to sync m5 to pro tools via midi beat clock...its finnicky at best. And the bpm always reads a hair off such as 75.08 or 85.08 ....am i doing something wrong?

thanks,

Tim