Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Finally got to test out my helix LT. Can’t figure out the expression pedal

moonman079

I have spent a few hours with my helix LT. All i can say is wow wish I had bought one sooner. It’s a lot easier to dial in than I was expecting. I am having one issue trying to use the expression pedal.

i have my switches set to preset/stomp mode. I was trying to create a patch and wanted to add a whammy. I put the block on there but it doesn’t work. The block isn’t as bright as the others and the expression pedal doesn’t do anything. Other than trying to figure that out I am real pleased with it. 

1 hour ago, moonman079 said:

I have spent a few hours with my helix LT. All i can say is wow wish I had bought one sooner. It’s a lot easier to dial in than I was expecting. I am having one issue trying to use the expression pedal.

i have my switches set to preset/stomp mode. I was trying to create a patch and wanted to add a whammy. I put the block on there but it doesn’t work. The block isn’t as bright as the others and the expression pedal doesn’t do anything. Other than trying to figure that out I am real pleased with it. 

The block is a different color because it's not activated. The expression pedal has a built in toe switch that by pressing firmly (NOT stomping) on the toe of the LT's expression pedal you can activate the wah or switch between wah and volume pedal.

Check out the helpful video below:

2 hours ago, Kilrahi said:

The block is a different color because it's not activated. The expression pedal has a built in toe switch that by pressing firmly (NOT stomping) on the toe of the LT's expression pedal you can activate the wah or switch between wah and volume pedal.

Check out the helpful video below:

Yeah I saw that video when I press down on the toe nothing changes. I tried to look on the underside of the pedal. There is a notch cut out of the pedal where I can feel the sticky backing on the rubber pad.

Everything is automated when you add a WAH block. The Helix will auto assign it to EXP1 and set it so the TOE switch engages/disengages it. If you have attempted other methods, I'd suggest you start from scratch and let the Helix do it automatically... it can't be any easier and no steps are left out. 

9 hours ago, moonman079 said:

Yeah I saw that video when I press down on the toe nothing changes.

Just to make sure.... you do know that it takes the weight of a human to engage that switch? It is nearly impossible by hand without leverage... especially on a new(er) unit. Stand on the toe of the switch.... and lean into it. You should see the EXP1 and EXP2 lights change when it engages. If the light is not changing then the toe switch is not working, or you are not applying enough pressure to engage it.