Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd500/500x With Acoustic Guitar?

GuitarMan53

I think the HD500 works great with acoustic.  I wouldn't recommend using the amp models though.  Just turn the amp model off and get what you need via EQ, Compression, Reverb, etc.  

Here's a clip I did messing around in the studio using my JTV59 for acoustic sounds into the HD500.  I like the sounds I'm getting.

Thanks, guys. That will be enough for me to run with. chuskey, I had actually thought about using the no amp setting and just shaping it with the reverb, chorus, etc. With My Taylor PS14ce, I won't need a lot there, because of the expression system built into it. Now, I just need to decide between the 400 500, and 500X

I forgot to mention that it was recorded with a 500, but I'm using a 500X now.  I just imported the patch when I upgraded, so it's now in the .5xe format.  I'm not sure if it's backwards compatible with the regular 500, but I would think it would be.  

Thanks, guys. That will be enough for me to run with. chuskey, I had actually thought about using the no amp setting and just shaping it with the reverb, chorus, etc. With My Taylor PS14ce, I won't need a lot there, because of the expression system built into it. Now, I just need to decide between the 400 500, and 500X

I always recommend getting the best one you can fit into your budget.  A used 500 is probably the best value at the moment.  If you're mainly doing acoustic and don't need the amp modelling I doubt you'll ever hit the DSP limit. 

I really like the flexibility of the 500/500X.

• Upvote 1

I play at my church mostly, and our current, interim worship leader prefers acoustic. That could change when we get a full time guy, though,. I would use the other stuff at home for fun and recording, etc. I've had an Epiphone Dot for a while and just bought a Les Paul Standard Pro. So I will get some use out of the models. Probably wouldnt come near the DSP limit anyway, unless I was just experimenting. But I like the improvements in the board on the 500X. May have to wait a bit and save up for it. I can still use my POD XT for live sound, Just can't save the presets int the computer or use it as an interface. Thanks for all your input. And nice clip, BTW