Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD Pro X Windows 10 BSOD's!!! (l6podhd5se64.sys)

rpalmer3

What's up guys,

I have had my POD HD Pro X for a few years now.

I have been using a Surface Pro w/ Windows 10 and it would blue screen a lot due to the Line 6 driver.

I recently got fed up and just built a fresh new PC specifically for recording.

It's doing the same lollipop.....I don't have any conflicting drivers..ALL of them including Line 6 are up to date.

Anyone else having the same issue as me??

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL(l6podhd5se64.sys)

Thanks

• Like 1

I have been using HD on Windows since Windows 7 thru Windows 10 on several different machines (Sony VAIO, Lenovo, HP and home built). Blue screen is fairly rare for me.

There are a couple of things to check.

USB Cable...dirt in the connectors

Power Management settings on USB. You can see this in the Device Manager. Sometimes there is a setting in the Advanced Power Management options.

Insure that you have latest bios installed for the PC

Insure you have latest chipset drivers for the PC

Insure your Windows is up to date

If this is a laptop, you generally want to connect on the non-hub side. This is usually the right side or the side with a single USB port. Line 6 gear often misbehaves on hub ports. Laptops is usually where power management issues show up.

Thanks for the reply. It happens frequently on both Surface/laptop on my new desktop computer.

All drivers/BIOS are the latest of course. I just uninstalled ASIO4all and disabled the onboard sound driver.

Hopefully that makes a difference

ASIO4All is not needed with HD Pods and that is likely part of the problem...That's a throwback to XT and Windows XP...HD has ASIO built-in...Works quite nicely for me. My machines switch sound devices automatically, I did not have to disable the onboard audio device...I only change Reaper to use HD for input and output.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/4/2019 at 3:09 PM, Emresamlioglu said:

Hey guys, ı have same problem (blue screens) with pod hd pro x on windows10. how did you resolve the problem?

Any luck?

i am still plagued with this issue.

It’s the Line6 POS drivers. Happens on new/multiple computers.

I’m about to throw in the towel and get a damn interface to connect the POD

• 3 weeks later...