Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Problem with saving presets when an EXP pedal is connected

IanStephenson

System:

Helix Rack + Control, Mission L6-H Exp Pedals.

Issue:

Just updated firmware to latest version (2.71?), and now noticing an issue whereby I can't save any preset, either via HX Edit or directly on the Rack unit, without first disconnecting the EXP Pedals.   Makes no difference whether the pedals are assigned in the preset or not, if the pedals are connected I get an action timed out error.   I'm sure it wasn't like this before?

Any help gratefully received - I have a workaround but it's a faff to keep disconnecting +  reconnecting the pedals. I've not had the Helix very long and still getting to grips with it, but liking it a lot :-)

23 hours ago, IanStephenson said:

System:

Helix Rack + Control, Mission L6-H Exp Pedals.

Issue:

Just updated firmware to latest version (2.71?), and now noticing an issue whereby I can't save any preset, either via HX Edit or directly on the Rack unit, without first disconnecting the EXP Pedals.   Makes no difference whether the pedals are assigned in the preset or not, if the pedals are connected I get an action timed out error.   I'm sure it wasn't like this before?

Any help gratefully received - I have a workaround but it's a faff to keep disconnecting +  reconnecting the pedals. I've not had the Helix very long and still getting to grips with it, but liking it a lot :-)

Sounds like the issue is something else because it is also happening on the Helix but make sure you have the 2.71 version of HX Edit installed. Probably did this already but if you have not restarted the Helix since your firmware update do that. The presets will rebuild upon the first restart. Take a look at the global settings for your Mission L6-H pedal, especially the polarity reverse setting. Maybe a setting has changed and is causing a problem. Check the obvious issues by swapping the cable to the expression pedal out and making sure all cables are plugged in snugly. Does this happen when you create a new preset or only on preexisting presets?

Thanks for your input and excellent suggestions.  Yes, I'd been through the steps you mention as part of the trouble shooting process, and yes it happened with creating new, as well as editing existing presets.

The good news is that after a couple of sessions attempting to discover what was causing the issue, it now seems to have cleared up, although I'm not sure what particular step cleared the problem! I suspect it was something to do with the pedals rather than the Helix.  Maybe I had initially overlooked something during troubleshooting.

Anyway, back to playing instead of tearing my hair out. Thanks again.... 

2 hours ago, IanStephenson said:

Thanks for your input and excellent suggestions.  Yes, I'd been through the steps you mention as part of the trouble shooting process, and yes it happened with creating new, as well as editing existing presets.

The good news is that after a couple of sessions attempting to discover what was causing the issue, it now seems to have cleared up, although I'm not sure what particular step cleared the problem! I suspect it was something to do with the pedals rather than the Helix.  Maybe I had initially overlooked something during troubleshooting.

Anyway, back to playing instead of tearing my hair out. Thanks again.... 

Always nice when issues spontaneously resolve, hopefully never to reoccur. Glad you got it worked out.

• Like 1