Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Switches jumping ahead or back

rwinking

I have the helix rack and pretty sure this issue would apply to floorboards as well.  I hit the up/down button and it often jumps ahead two or three patches. Same goes for the reverse. Something I can fix w/o taking it apart? Maybe squirt some cleaner in?

Seeing how no one else has chimed in, I'll add my 2 cents.

I'm a Helix floor user and something similar happened to me at a gig.  When I would activate a stomp, it would trigger on and the off quickly.....not every time, but enough times to be annoying.   After getting home, I exercised all of the switches with my hands and feet and couldn't replicate the problem, not once.  After ruling out a possible hardware malfunction, I started looking at other factors.  Long story short, it was my shoes.  The soles were soft, very spongy like.  When wearing those shoes and stepping on the switch with some authority, the problem went away.

If this isn't your case and no one else chimes in, you might want to contact support to help you further troubleshoot.  I'd do that before attempting to squirt some cleaner in it.

Thanks a lot. It makes sense.....I might stop on it with certain shoes with too much authority and then again later too little in order to compensate. I’ll try to pay more attention to it.

rick