Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G10, cross talking

gmtech12002

So I've seen where people are trying to use multiple transmitters on a single base, and I will confirm it's very doable, however we have 3 bases and 3 transmitters, lead, acoustic and bass guitars all use a separate g10 base and transmitter, my issue is, often times my transmitter will pair with either the bass or acoustic bases and then cross talk either through the bass amp or the house PA.  Is there an update or method to insure this doesn't happen, other than pairing 1 at a time?  Cause we take the stage, pickup our guitars and transmitter from the bases, and plug them in, from there it's a crap shoot as to whether or not you have your own channel or you maybe sharing and cross talking with one of the other 2

With the G10, the key is to not to plug the transmitter back into the base after you've gone through the process of having each unit find the best channel. If you plug it back in, it resets it, and there's a good chance that two of the receivers will pick the same channel, as you said.

This is one area where the G10S has a big advantage of the G10. On the G10S, you can manually set the channel on the receiver, so if you're using multiple units, everyone would just select a unique channel.

I guess what complicates our situation more is that the bases are unplugged all week long and then on Sunday morning we come in a plug in the bases and plug in the transmitters to charge while we tune and get setup, which in turn usually leads us to being ready all about the same time, guess we need to just get a routine figured out that lets us get setup at different times,