Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Relay G 10s

berndherr

17 hours ago, berndherr said:

I just bought the Relay G10s. It works with all my electric guitars. It works with my Martin Acoustic Guitar. But it doesn't work with my Taylor Guitar. It always gives a high sound, on an amp as well as on the DAW. Any idea, what can help?

What does "high sound" mean? Are you talking about feedback, a volume spike compared to the other guitars you've tried? You'll have to be a little more specific.

Some preamp systems have this sort of issue because of the G10 transmitter's TRS plug. You could try using the little right angle adapter that came in the box. That seems to fix it a lot of the time.

It's a shrill sound, that is always there. I used the right angle adapter. That helped with my twelve string guitar (also a Taylor). But it does not help with the 6-string acoustic guitar. Only when I use a 3m cable with a socket, this shrill sound disappears but that's not the solution.

5 minutes ago, berndherr said:

It's a shrill sound, that is always there. I used the right angle adapter. That helped with my twelve string guitar (also a Taylor). But it does not help with the 6-string acoustic guitar. Only when I use a 3m cable with a socket, this shrill sound disappears but that's not the solution.

It's weird that a cable would work but the adapter wouldn't... They are essentially doing the same thing - grounding out the ring connection from guitar jack. But, yes, something like that is the only solution (you could always try a shorter cable). The G10 transmitter plug is what it is. It uses the ring connection to recharge the internal battery,  and that's what causes trouble with some of these preamp systems.