Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi 30 - will it feed back?

WarIsWon

I'm a long-time user of the Amplifi TT and I'm thinking of getting an Amplifi 30 as well. What I want to know is, if I were to run a high-gain pedal into the Amplifi 30, will I be able to get feedback by standing in front of the speaker like I would with a conventional (i.e. non-digital) amp? I use feedback a lot as a textural element.

Yes. Feedback has nothing to do with the type of amp you're using. You can achieve feedback with any speaker, really. It's just a function of the sound coming from the speaker hitting the resonant frequency of the strings and causing them to vibrate, and then having the pickups amplify that. It's a function of volume more than anything else.

Absolutely agree with phil_m on this. If you're accustomed to coaxing controlled feedback on a 'conventional' amp, you should be able to achieve it with this one, too. I'm sure you know all that variables -- type of guitar, pickups, gain & volume levels of the amplifier  being used, and .... the positioning of you and the guitar relative to the speaker.  If I were trying to tame this little beast, I'd probably put it up on a stool, where it would be easy to get close to the speaker with the guitar body. 

• 7 months later...
On 7/16/2019 at 4:35 AM, cbrillow said:

Absolutely agree with phil_m on this. If you're accustomed to coaxing myfedloan controlled feedback on a 'conventional' amp, you should be able to achieve it with this one, too. I'm sure you know all that variables -- type of guitar, pickups, gain & volume levels of the amplifier  being used, and .... the positioning of you and the guitar relative to the speaker.  If I were trying to tame this little beast, I'd probably put it up on a stool, where it would be easy to get close to the speaker with the guitar body. 

You can achieve feedback with any speaker, really. It's just a function of the sound coming from the speaker hitting the resonant frequency of the strings and causing them to vibrate, and then having the pickups amplify that. It's a function of volume more than anything else.

It's a just-noticed spam technique that is not (yet?) being blocked by Line 6 spam filters. It's been brought to their attention.

The spam-bot is able to quote anyone's earlier post and edit it, placing the spam link inside the quote (in this case myfedloan). Very tricky!

• Like 1