Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can not eliminate dry signal coming out of XLR output

daverogoza

I've read multiple threads about this, and have not found a fix. I'm trying to set my helix up for live performance, but i can not for the life of me eliminate the dry signal. when i turn an amp off in a chain, i still have dry signal coming through. This is the case with all of the patches, factory presets, and ones I try to do myself. I have a feeling it's some global setting I have set wrong. I've attached a pic of a simple routing that i'm using and still receiving dry signal. Thanks, hope to be doing more contributing and less bitching in the future!

HelixRoute1.png

Hmmm. I was under the impression that turning that bypassing the amp would give you 0 sound, so i figured i was doing something very wrong. But what you're saying makes more sense. If I take the amps and activate them, then turn the volume on them completely down I get no sound. So I guess I'm just hearing things? Maybe I just need to tweak the sounds out a bit more. Thank You!

2 hours ago, daverogoza said:

Hmmm. I was under the impression that turning that bypassing the amp would give you 0 sound, so i figured i was doing something very wrong. But what you're saying makes more sense. If I take the amps and activate them, then turn the volume on them completely down I get no sound. So I guess I'm just hearing things? Maybe I just need to tweak the sounds out a bit more. Thank You!

You're not hearing things, you're hearing what you're supposed to hear.

Bypassing an amp doesn't break the signal chain any more than bypassing or turning off an effect.  The signal is always constant unless you intentionally turn it off by lowering the volume to 0 either on an amp, a volume pedal, or a gain, or even an effect.