Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp into an Amp

sdahe

Hello,

So my main option for now is to use the HX Stomp as another pedal in my pedalboard (mainly for modulation effects like delay, reverb, tremolo, etc..). I have some questions about the overdrive section. How good or which OD in the HX Stomp sounds good when using a tube amp?.. Im gonna upload a photo of my pedalboard for reference. My other question is... Im using a Tumnus mini and I would like to know if its a good idea to usa a booster from the HX Stomp or buy an analog booster?. Im using a Fender Blues Deluxe Tube Amp and the HXS is connected with the 4CM so I can put my modulations through the amp's effects loop. 

IMG_3797.JPG

To me the questions are like saying, "Which analog overdrive pedal sounds good with a tube amp?"

They ALL sound good with a tube amp. It depends on your combination of amp and tube and what sound you're going for. 

The only reason I would buy an analog booster for your setup is to save blocks on the HX Stomp. If you need to save a block, by a pedal. I use three of them (I didn't buy them though, I already owned them) so that I can do crazier amp modelling in the Stomp since it chews up a ton of DSP. 

1 minute ago, Kilrahi said:

To me the questions are like saying, "Which analog overdrive pedal sounds good with a tube amp?"

They ALL sound good with a tube amp. It depends on your combination of amp and tube and what sound you're going for. 

The only reason I would buy an analog booster for your setup is to save blocks on the HX Stomp. If you need to save a block, by a pedal. I use three of them (I didn't buy them though, I already owned them) so that I can do crazier amp modelling in the Stomp since it chews up a ton of DSP. 

Well I have only try the OCD, SL Drive and the Tumnus. I really like the SL Drive and Im still getting to know the Tumnus since I haven't play much with it. I just want to know if it will sound good to use the boosters from the HXS.. or it's better to use an analog booster. I don't mind about the HXS blocks.. Im not using many of them