Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

What is the pros and cons

redbelo

If your question is "Why bother with the HW Helix when you can get the same sound out of Native?", then consider that the Helix is made for live gigging and is much more stable and durable than the computer you'd need to use Native. Also, you'd still need some kind of MIDI pedal board to control Native - to bypass effects and change snapshots for instance. Helix is direct to your speaker/monitor/board, Native has latency.

From a recording standpoint, again, latency. With HW Helix you can direct monitor, no latency. And again, ability to bypass effects and change snapshots, PLUS the ability to record those changes for the purpose of automating live performance. While that could be done manually from within the DAW, it's much easier to record it. Using HW Helix you can record the effected track and a "clean" track. The "clean" track can then be used to try out different sounds with Native. IOW, simplified re-amping.

There's probably more, but that's what I can think of for now.

• Like 1

I can't get the same tones from Native that I can from Helix. Probably just me, as some say that they can. That said, the "other" difference is that Helix can be (with all of its Aux in's and out's) the center of your guitar rig with all your pedals etc etc. Native is, well, software.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spikey said:

I can't get the same tones from Native that I can from Helix. Probably just me, as some say that they can. That said, the "other" difference is that Helix can be (with all of its Aux in's and out's) the center of your guitar rig with all your pedals etc etc. Native is, well, software.

Nor could I difference was night and day - Helix LT blew it away tone wise