Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 Helix with Powercab plus

jakebake

I just purchased the helix and loving it so far. I am thinking about buying the powercab plus. First, what do you guys think about it? Also, what kind of cable to I need to best connect the helix to the powercab plus? Do I need the line 6 link cable for any reason (expensive)?

26 minutes ago, Cody_smith said:

You can use any 110 ohm  aes/ebu cable. There are really cheap ones at monoprice but I don't know the quality of them. 

I see that there is a standard 1/4" / xlr connection as well? Whats the difference? Also maybe i'll try the monoprice one I don't want to spend 60 to 80 for a cable

8 minutes ago, spikey said:

Yes after 2.8 u won't need midi to do this!

great to know! I ordered an aes/ebu cable from monoprice so hopefully it'll be OK as it was way cheaper.

The PC+ comes in friday from sweetwater! :)

So much to learn...

Another thing ... using the Line 6 link means not having to convert from digital to analog at the Helix and then back again at the Powercab. I swear it sounds cleaner that way than using a 1/4” cable.

This is coming from a FH1500 user, and that now also has two PC+ 112; If you want REAL stereo, you need TWO separate cabs.

Having stereo in a single cab isnt really giving you proper air between the signals, doesnt really work imho.

Also, that’s gonna be heavy as hell. My 2C...(Id be more interested to test them as mono 2x12)

7 minutes ago, PierM said:

This is coming from a FH1500 user, and that now also has two PC+ 112; If you want REAL stereo, you need TWO separate cabs.

Having stereo in a single cab isnt really giving you proper air between the signals, doesnt really work imho.

Also, that’s gonna be heavy as hell. My 2C...(Id be more interested to test them as mono 2x12)

Weird. I thought it worked great. 

The Firehawk IS heavy as hell, but this is quite a bit less. Almost 20 pounds less. 

7 minutes ago, PierM said:

I think it is just 45 pounds which isn't too bad. Also, I don't care about the stereo that much but moreso the 500 watts with so many people complaining about volume issues with the 112 although kinda sucks its not shipping until like august 24th