Sign in to follow this  
BlueD

Where Can I Find A Box That Fits A Dt50 212?

Need to send it back to Line6 for RMA, but can't find a single box that's strong enough for this amp.

I faced a similar dilemma.  I had a box that I did not trust.  I took my 212 to the UPS store and had them pack it as a precaution against potential damage.  It cost me $23.

Ultimately, the amp was damaged when it arrived at Line 6 in Calabasas, CA.  The cabinet was cracked and, as you can imagine, the packaging was severely damaged.  While UPS declared "insufficient packaging" as the cause of the damage, the fact that the UPS Store packaged it was a saving grace.

I quickly filed a clain with UPS.  However, since LLine 6 was the RMA shipper, they became the calimant.  UPS paid the claim to Line 6 quickly and Line 6 shipped me a brand new DT50 212.  A bit of a hassle , but a good outcome.  The folks at Line 6 were very helpful every step of the way.

I hope that helps.  In the end, I was happy I spent the $23 to protect my interests.

• Upvote 1

It was sent in a double boxed container from Line 6, packaged specifically for transporting this large amp.

i sent my combo in without the cabinet... just remove the speaker wire, and the 4 screws on top, slide it out... remove and pack tubes... send just the head... saves on shipping.

I did this on the advice of line6... seems like it would certainly reduce the likeliness of damage as well.

• Upvote 2

i sent my combo in without the cabinet... just remove the speaker wire, and the 4 screws on top, slide it out... remove and pack tubes... send just the head... saves on shipping.

I did this on the advice of line6... seems like it would certainly reduce the likeliness of damage as well.

Now those are two good ideas.   1 - just send the head portion of the combo.  2 - let the shipping company handle the packaging, so they're on the hook no-questions-asked when it gets damaged.