Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Cannot install helix edit

dandaponde

Hopefully someone can help. Every time I try to download and install Helix edit i keep getting the following error "the file or directory is corrupt and unreadable". This has never happened before and all of my other files install just fine. Any insight?

4 hours ago, dandaponde said:

Hopefully someone can help. Every time I try to download and install Helix edit i keep getting the following error "the file or directory is corrupt and unreadable". This has never happened before and all of my other files install just fine. Any insight?

Hi dandaponde,

First, I would politely suggest that any questions regarding firmware update problems are posted in the specific thread for installation instructions and related issues. See link below.

Second, just telling us that “Every time I try to download and install Helix edit...” is extremely vague, although I can understand your frustration with this problem. It would help to know what computer and OS you have and the “exact” name of the file which you have downloaded. It’s not unknown for users to have accidentally downloaded the wrong file version. 

Help us us to help you - hope this makes sense.

Maybe there's some confusion about the name of the program. The program you name - Helix edit 2.7.1 - does not exist. There is a program named HX Edit v2.71 which is the current latest version of the Helix editor (about to be replaced by HX Edit v2.80). There is also a much older program simply named Helix that is an early version of the Helix editor.

Make sure you are downloading the HX Edit program - not the Helix program.

2 hours ago, dandaponde said:

I apologize. Helix edit 2.7.1 for windows 10. 

Thanks, but as noted by "silverhead" in the post above, it's very easy to download a file by mistake.

For a Windows machine the file which have on you computer must be named "HX Edit v2.71 Installer.exe", if what you have doesn't have that name it will not work.

Go here:

https://line6.com/software/

click the button named "All Software" scroll down and select "HX Edit"

Next click the button named "- All OS - " scroll down and select Windows 10

Then click the button marked "GO"

In the first box marked HX Edit 2.71 click the big blue button named "GET DOWNLOAD"

The file that arrives on your PC will be the executable file named""HX Edit v2.71 Installer.exe"

When this file runs it will install the required drivers, HXEdit and the Line 6 Updater that you  will use to download and install the v2.71 Firmware to you Helix

Hope this helps/makes sense.

6 hours ago, dandaponde said:

The file I am trying to install is HX Edit v2.71 Installer.exe. I also tried HX Edit v2.70 Installer.exe. I have WIN10 64 and have not had any other problems installing files until this one.

Don’t bother with that - 2.80 is available now!

Follow the installation instructions here: