Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

IR renaming in HX Edit

TLF2007

I have a bunch of IR's loaded. I don't use a lot of them but loaded a bunch that seemed like good reference point for me to load up depending on teh patch I'm making etc. If I gig, I tend to use very few amps so sound doesnt have to chase me in the mix. But I wanted to rename my IR's to put a number in front so my windows and HX edit directories are in the same order for the patches I have that use them don't get scrambled. For some reason, what I've renamed in Windows ( whcih was far easier and quicker in W10 versus in HX edit) will not show up in HX edit as this renamed IR when I've tried to reload over the old IR. Anyone know why this is and what you need to do to get that result? Seems odd...

Ok - a number of things. First you need to display the file suffix. So they need to be .wav files. So make sure of that. Secondly, the file name length of many IRs is already the maximum allowable. 

If so, you could well need to shorten the name to be able to fit the number. 

I also don't know if the Helix is happy with spaces in the name, so best avoid them. 

Finally if you want to backup and restore them, number them in the order you want them in the IR slots. That way you can reloaded them all at once and they will go back where they should. 

Oh, and use computer legal names - do no wild cards like !?#@

Thanks. I tried teh shorten name, replaced "-" with "_". I did already have them all in order in W10 so I'm not concerned about them not going back where they belong but its a weird thing. I will say that in Windows, there is a title to the wav file that is the original file name that seems like it may also need to be renamed. Which is *ugh* but at least they will load back in thesame order OK regardless of name.